The Magnesium Solution for High Blood Pressure
How to Use Magnesium to Help
Prevent & Relieve Hypertension Naturally
Magnesium is a key element in maintaining healthy
body functioning and one of the few natural substances that has been studied
extensively in scientifically studies. From professional and personal experience,
I have learned how important magnesium can be for preventing and treating vascular
disorders, and I have published on magnesium in the Annals of Pharmacotherapy
High blood pressure (hypertension) is one of the
major vascular disorders that magnesium can help. But diagnosing magnesium deficiencies
is difficult, and taking effective amounts of magnesium often causes diarrhea.
Most mainstream doctors know little about magnesium and never think about replacing
it even when giving patients antihypertensive drugs that wash magnesium from
their bodies. Fortunately, there are ways to identify the 75% of people in Western
societies who are magnesium deficient and to use therapeutic amounts of magnesium
To this end, I have now published a new, expanded, evidence-based, how-to book on magnesium for you and your doctor. Considering that 90% of us develop hypertension in our lifetime, and that medication treatment does not entirely reduce the extra risk that hypertension causes for heart attacks and strokes, magnesium is something that you should learn about now. High blood pressure is more dangerous than high cholesterol. Magnesium is something that most people's bodies need and can be essential in helping to prevent hypertension before it begins and to treat it naturally with less reliance on drugs. If magnesium were properly included in the mainstream medical approach to hypertension, it would save people hundreds and health-care systems millions of dollars a year.
The Magnesium Solution for High Blood Pressure explains:
- Why 50 million Americans have hypertension. Why 90% of us will develop hypertension in our lifetime.
- Why it is so important to treat hypertension.
- Why it is even more important to prevent hypertension. The key role that magnesium can play.
- Why most people are magnesium deficient. Why magnesium deficiencies aren't recognized or treated.
- Why magnesium is a key factor in relaxing blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
- Women, the elderly, high blood pressure, and magnesium.
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, and magnesium.
- How to take magnesium with blood pressure medications.
- Why people taking diuretics need magnesium.
- Scientific studies. Interviews with recognized experts. Evidence your doctor will respect.
- Why many magnesium supplements don't work or cause diarrhea. The best magnesium supplements. How much to take.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
CHAPTER 1: Normal Vascular Functioning Requires Magnesium
What Is Hypertension And Why Is It So Harmful?
Blood Vessels, Hypertension, and Magnesium
The Problem with the Standard Medical Treatment of Hypertension
Magnesium -- The Essential Element for Normal Body Functioning
CHAPTER 2: Magnesium Deficiency and High Blood Pressure
The Most Common Nutritional Deficiency
The Evidence Linking Magnesium and Hypertension
The Importance of Magnesium for People Taking
Why Magnesium Deficiencies Aren't Recognized or Treated
Chapter 3: Magnesium Deficiencies in High-Risk Populations
Older Adults, Hypertension, and Magnesium Deficiencies
Women, Hypertension, and Magnesium Deficiencies
African-Americans, Hypertension, and Magnesium Deficiencies
Diabetes, Hypertension, and Magnesium Deficiencies
Alcohol, Hypertension, and Magnesium Deficiencies
Chapter 4: How to Use Magnesium to Help Prevent and Treat Hypertension
A Nutrient and a Medication
Using Magnesium Successfully: Types of Magnesium Supplements
How Much Magnesium to Take
Diets for Hypertension and the Role of Magnesium
Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, and Other Non-Drug Methods
For Reducing High Blood Pressure
Chapter 5: Conclusion
Chapter 6: References